Chelmer Station Community Kindergarten is a single unit, community based, not-for-profit centre, located in the heart of Chelmer. For over 65 years, the kindy has built a strong reputation for providing excellence in early childhood education. Their Approved Kindergarten Program is rated ‘Exceeding’ the National Quality Standard.
A safe & welcoming environment
Chelmer Station Community Kindergarten provides a safe and welcoming environment where children are supported in their learning. The staff embrace every child’s individual needs, interests and strengths, and provide an educational program that fosters each child’s social, emotional, cognitive, creative and physical development.
All staff are experienced, qualified and dedicated Early Childhood professionals. There is a high staff to child ratio, with one university qualified teacher and two early childhood qualified educators for every class. As a team, Chelmer Station Community Kindy ‘goes the extra mile’ to ensure your child grows and develops in their time with them.
Official Nature Play Education Provider
Chelmer Station Community Kindergarten is proud to be recognised by Nature Play Qld as an official nature play education provider. Their beautiful, spacious and engaging natural environment offers children a place to investigate, explore and wonder. A children’s garden…. a place to grow and learn in harmony with the natural world where space, time and natural resources light the curiosity and engagement of young minds.
The Chelmer Station Community Kindergarten local community
Chelmer Station Community Kindergarten makes decisions that reflect their unique connectedness with the surrounding community. They build close relationships with their families and other local community organisations to strengthen the community spirit. The centre also pays respect to our heritage: to the traditional owners of the land on which they continue to operate and to their surrounding community.
More program options for families
Chelmer Station Community Kindy are proud to offer program options to suit all families, including longer hours and the traditional five-day fortnight format. Plus, they offer an optional 6th day a fortnight.
At Chelmer Station Community Kindergarten, your child will:
- Be guided and supported to problem solve and negotiate social and emotional challenges – developing skills in confidence, persistence, independence, organisation, respectful cooperation and emotional resilience.
- Engage in opportunities to develop and refine gross and fine motor skills.
- Have opportunities to build knowledge, skills and dispositions through, experimentation, investigation, questioning, risk taking, creativity, imagination, exploration and problem solving.
- Be engaged in an environment rich in opportunities and experiences for early literacy and numeracy learning.
- Express creativity and ideas through a range of visual and performing arts experiences.
- Explore issues associated with diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice.
- Have opportunities to connect with nature, learn about our environment, our impact upon it and develop the relevant skills to act for the improvement of our environment.
Annual events at Chelmer Station Community Kindy
Every year in June the kindergarten hosts a Lantern Parade. They invite other local Kindergartens and the wider community to participate in this special event. Children from the centre make lanterns and sing traditional German songs as they enjoy traditional German fare together.
Chelmer Station Kindergarten is affliated with Lady Gowrie. Lady Gowrie Kindergartens are community-based, and are expert in tailoring their early childhood services to the needs of local children and families.
Chelmer Station Community Kindergarten is located at 6 Halsbury Street, Chelmer.
To find out more, and to view Chelmer Station Community Kindergarten in person, please visit https://chelmerstationkindy.com.au/.