What’s old is new again, which has never been more true than for the retro sport of mini golf! Holey Moley is known for creating epic mini-golf playgrounds, and their latest incarnation at Westfield Chermside is wholly awesome! At Brisbane Kids, we love any activity where the whole family can get involved, and this new Brisbane indoor putt putt venue certainly ticks those boxes!
Just in case you need convincing, find out why we think your family will love a game of indoor mini golf here, in our Holey Moley Chermside review.
Indoor Putt Putt Chermside at Holey Moley
Step inside Holey Moley at Westfield Chermside, and you are immediately transported into a whole new world, or several worlds, depending on where you place your putter.
There are two 9-round courses to traverse, which can also be played as one 18-round game.
Each obstacle on the course is individually themed, with various historic and pop culture references that will have parents smiling and nodding, and kids squealing with delight. Putt over Hansen mmm-bopping on a spinning record, navigate your way through the Simpson’s lounge room, and try and sink the ball while Mona Lisa watches over you in the art-themed hole.
There are only a couple of rules, including a maximum of six shots per hole, to ensure the game keeps moving smoothly.
Mini Golf parties at Westfield Chermside
Kids, tweens, teens, and even adults are well-catered for when it comes to celebrating at Holey Moley. There are four dedicated party rooms of varying sizes, and two have karaoke facilities, so you can get the party cranking.
You can expect a party-like atmosphere, with rocking music, suspended disco balls casting glittery stars around the room and a cheerful bistro area to gather with friends and family over food and drinks. Catering packages are available for parties.
Eating and drinking at Holey Moley Mini Golf
The menu at Holey Moley is family-friendly: think burgers, sliders, hot dogs, ribs, pizza and fries. There’s also a children’s menu, which features toasted sandwiches and chicken tenders. The bar is fully licensed, so parents can enjoy something stronger than juice. There are also all the soft drinks you would expect for the kids, plus some fancy mocktails.
The bistro space is beautifully lit and decorated and located centrally, so you can sit and watch your kids play if you’re not having a go. As tempting as it is to chill in the bistro while your kids putt their way around the course, a game of kids versus parents is a LOT of fun!
Holey Moley Chermside Review
Making the most of your visit to Holey Moley
- There are photo opportunities galore at Holey Moley, including scenes where you can pop your head through to become part of the display, neon-lit slogans that make fun backgrounds, and interior decor that is an explosion of colour with groovy lighting, perfect for tweens and teens wanting to get that ideal Instagram shot.
- It’s also a great place to snap fun family photos, so allow extra time to get the camera out frequently!
- If you are playing with little ones, there isn’t much room to manoeuvre a pram or stroller, so kids need to be at an age where they can walk unassisted.
- To be able to play confidently, we would recommend Holey Moley for ages four and above.
- After your game, ask the kids about their favourite hole (our pick is the Bedrock n Roll – Yabba Dabba Do!), and the most challenging obstacle (we vote the Scrabble terrain!). It’s also fun to score as a family, with the winner perhaps earning a treat from the onsite bistro.
- Kids may also want to bring their pocket money along, as plenty of cool merch is available.
Holey Moley is located on level two of Westfield Chermside, near the outdoor restaurant precinct, on Gympie Road, Chermside. For more information, or to make a booking, please visit their website.