For the millions of Minecrafters out there, the latest game based on the crazily popular video game Minecraft can’t come soon enough. The excitement is certainly building for Minecraft: Story Mode, with everyone desperate to find out when the release date will be. Well, guess what … we may know!
Release dates according to Amazon
Amazon.com has a listing for Minecraft: Story Mode and states clearly ‘This item will be released on October 27, 2015’. It also has options to select PlaySation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Amazon.co.uk has listings for Minecraft: Story Mode for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PlayStation 3, all listed as ‘Available for pre-order’ and stating ‘This item will be released on 30 October 2015’!
While these dates are listed on the Amazon sites, we have no guarantee that they are the official release dates. At this point, we can only assume that it will be on or very close to that date.
More about Minecraft: Story Mode
Minecraft: Story Mode is an upcoming adventure game that is set within the world of Minecraft. You play a character called Jesse who, with his group of friends, must set out to find a legendary group of adventurers known as the Order of the Stone, in order to save their world from a terrible danger. Along the way, you make many decisions, which will determine what happens.
The beloved boxy graphics and elements of crafting and building from Minecraft will keep all original Minecraft fans happy, and the additional features of the storyline, purpose, adventure, dialogue and decision making will only add to the excitement!
Key features of Minecraft: Story Mode
- selectable player character, where you can choose various options to tailor the appearance of the hero Jesse, who can either be male or female.
- choice-based gameplay, where you are continually presented with opportunities for making choices in terms of what you do, what you say, and so on, which will alter the way the story unfolds and will have many different consequences, meaning you determine how the game play out for you!
- an episodic game, with a first season of five episodes over which the arc of a complete story will be told — like a television programme where you are the main character and can control what happens.
- an all-star cast of voice artists, including Patton Oswalt as Jesse (male), Catherine Taber as Jesse (female), Ashley Johnson, Billy West, Brian Posehn, Corey Feldman, Dave Fennoy, Martha Plimpton, Paul Reubens,.Scott Porter, and more!
- single-player game, but many people will enjoy playing together or enjoying it as a group.
- you do not need to own Minecraft to get Minecraft: Story Mode.
You can find out more about Minecraft: Story Mode and even watch a trailer at telltalegames.com.