Redcliffe Memorial Pool offers a community pool with something for all ages with a popular learn to swim program. With the indoor 50m Pool and 18m pool which is great for the family to muck around in, heated toddler pool and boutique private above ground heated pool. There is also a huge picnic and BBQ area. This community swimming pool is one place you will want to enjoy with the family.
Learn to Swim at Redcliffe Memorial Pool
Redcliffe Memorial Pool offers a great learn to swim program which involves:
• The new GOswim program – we have partnered with Swimming Australia!
• Swimming lessons starting from 6 months of age
• Group classes which run for 30 minutes
• GOswim academy (junior) lessons run for 60 minutes
• Private lessons are available
• Adult lessons are also available
Swimming Australia and Belgravia Leisure have partnered to develop and deliver a new and effective swimming and water safety program focusing on contemporary experiential and activity-based learning, encouraging and supporting students to explore pathways into competitive and recreational lap swimming. Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based educational program is designed to better integrate student learning outcomes into real-world settings, offering students opportunity to:
• Gain maximum participation and practice time in activities that encourage, mentor and support the learning process where they are active for most of the lesson
• Be empowered to think, discuss and decide through experiential-based learning where mentoring, guidance and challenge encourages them to use and enhance their knowledge, skill and understanding
• Learn and understand essential components of personal survival and water safety elements while concurrently in addition to the development of establishing strong and effective swimming technique
• Be supported by professional, qualified teachers as they progress through the curriculum.
The Learn to swim journey is powered by innovative technology: the Splash app and digital platform. It is designed to improve communication and interaction between swim school, parent and swimmer. Key technology features of Splash include swimmer notifications on achieving skills and milestones, digital awards, video messaging from the Australian Dolphin Swim team and chat functionality. Together our goal is to put the fun back into learning to swim and keep swimmers loving our sport for longer.
Facilities at Redcliffe Memorial Pool
Redcliffe Memorial Pool has a number of features that are unique to this venue.
• An indoor, 8 lane, Olympic 50m pool (heated)
• An indoor 18m programs pool
• A heated toddler pool
• A boutique private above ground heated pool
• Large BBQ and picnic area
• Playground equipment
• Undercover grandstands
• A food and beverage kiosk
• A swimwear and accessories kiosk
Redcliffe Memorial Pool also offers a range of products and services to suit all members of the community
• Learn to swim programs for babies and children
• Aqua aerobics
• Squad training
• Adult SwimFit
• Yoga classes
• School swimming programs
Special Needs Facilities
The Redcliffe Memorial Pool has been designed to be accessible to all people with differing abilities. This centre has wheelchair accessible play equipment, accessible change rooms, as well as a poolside hoist. The friendly staff at this centre are more than willing to assist where needed to make the experience pleasant for all patrons.
Visiting Redcliffe Memorial Pool
The Redcliffe Memorial Pool is a great spot that the whole family can enjoy! There is something for everyone at this pool, from learn to swim lessons, to squad training to aqua classes and yoga, this facility has it all! The friendly staff cannot wait to greet everyone who walks through the doors, so be sure to go on down and check out this amazing centre and the facilities it has to offer.
What parents have to say about Redcliffe Pool
“I was visiting friends this week and wanted to have a swim, so glad they convinced me to give it another go! Change of management has made massive improvements, staff are so friendly and the pool is crystal clear and the perfect temperature. I even stayed for a coffee and chat after my swim. I will definitely be coming back regularly for my swims now.”
“It’s a great family-friendly pool area with a bbq and the staff are lovely”
“I would recommend this pool. The staff are lovely. The Aqua class is such a great workout. It’s fun. You don’t realise how hard you work till you sit down at home. Have used this pool on and off since I was a child. I’m 57 now. I love swimming laps. It gives me time to think.”
Redcliffe Memorial Pool is located at 50 Sydney Street, Redcliffe
To find out more about this centre, please visit the Redcliffe Memorial Pool website.