Brisbane Kids encompasses an ever-growing and inclusive community for each and every Brisbane Brisbane family—of all ages. We are honoured to support Brisbane families on their path to creating memories to last a lifetime, and we love to share the fantastic kid-friendly aspects of our gorgeous city.
We invite you to share your ideas!
We strive to provide our readers with the latest information, news, and events relevant to families in Brisbane (and visitors to South East Queensland). We understand that the best way to keep our readers engaged is to provide them with various perspectives and insights and we are always open to guest posts from local writers.
We welcome writers passionate about sharing their experiences, expertise, and opinions with our readers. Our main focus is on hyperlocal content that is relevant to families living in Brisbane, so we encourage guest writers to pitch ideas that are specific to the area.
If you are interested in submitting a guest post, here are some guidelines to help you get started:
- Content must be hyperlocal. We are only interested in content relevant to families living in Brisbane. Your post should be specific to the city and its surrounding areas and provide useful information, insights or tips that can benefit families in the area.
- We are looking for well-written and engaging content that is easy to read and informative. Your post should be free from spelling and grammatical errors, and the writing should be clear and concise.
- We only accept original content not published elsewhere, including on your website or blog. Plagiarism or the use of AI is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate rejection of your submission.
- We are interested in various topics related to family life in Brisbane, including things to do, places to go, family-friendly events, parenting tips, and more. However, please note that we do not accept posts that promote specific products or services.
We believe guest posts can provide valuable insights and perspectives our readers may not find elsewhere. We always seek new voices to contribute to our platform and offer our readers fresh and engaging content. If you have a passion for writing and a love for Brisbane, we encourage you to pitch your ideas to us and become a part of our community.
The nitty-gritty of writing a guest post for Brisbane Kids
Before you write anything
We’ve compiled a quick writing guide for Brisbane Kids in the Guest Post Guidelines below. Before you write anything, though, please send us a quick email to email@example.com. Let us know what your background is and what your guest post would be about, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can to give you the go-ahead (we’d hate for you to spend time writing something we have already got hidden somewhere on the site!).
Guest Post Guidelines
If you have some great (high quality) photos that you took yourself of a unique Brisbane (or South-East Queensland) experience that you’d like to share, and you can string a few words together to describe the experience, then you’re on your way to writing a guest blog for us!
Please note: We do not accept guest posts advertising a product or service or are sponsored in any way. If you want to advertise with Brisbane Kids or have us review a product, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a media kit.
- The length of the guest post is a minimum of 800 words.
- Only original posts will be accepted.
- You cannot re-publish the post elsewhere.
- We reserve the right to edit your post. If we need to edit substantially, we will email the revised post to you for approval before publishing. An introduction may be added to provide context. A conclusion may also be added to tie your article to existing content on the Brisbane Kids website.
There are no limits to the areas we would like to cover on Brisbane Kids. However, we do require the topic to be highly relevant to Brisbane families.
Areas of interest could include (but are not limited to) –
- Day trips from Brisbane
- Free things to do in Brisbane
- Fun things to do in Brisbane
- Places to explore
- Parks and Playgrounds in Brisbane
- Picnic spots
We require 4 to 6 images relevant to your guest post topic. These images MUST have been taken by and/or owned by you.
- Hi-res images
- Landscape orientation
- No watermarks
- You are welcome to share these images via DropBox or other file-sharing methods to ensure highest possible quality.
Please feel free to include a brief 2-3 sentence bio. This may include links to your website, blog or social media accounts. A 150×150 pixel image to accompany your bio is also welcome.
Submitting your Guest Post with Brisbane Kids
Once your guest post is finalised to the above requirements, please email the following to email@example.com –
- Written post in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- Original images (.jpg or .png format) or links to images to download.
- Your bio (if applicable).
Please allow up to 14 days for us to respond.
If we cannot publish your guest post, you are free to publish it elsewhere.
Thanks so much for considering a guest post with Brisbane Kids! We can’t wait to hear more about your ideas and can be contacted at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss them further. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook to see when we share your post with our community on social media.