With Bring Your Baby movie sessions at Event Cinemas parents of under-five’s no longer have to miss out on seeing the latest movies on the big screen. Once again you can indulge in a box of warm buttered popcorn and catch the hottest new movies. Parents can relax and enjoy a comfortable, baby friendly cinema experience.
Event Cinemas ‘bring your baby’ sessions
Bring Your Baby sessions make going to the cinema with your little ones affordable and easy. Lights are kept on dim throughout the movie and the sound is turned down to ensure the safety and comfort of all patrons.
Tickets are only $10 per adult (+ online booking fee). Children 0-3 years are FREE of charge when sharing a seat with a paying adult.
Session Times for Bring Your Baby movies typically start between 10:00am and 1pm and are mostly held on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays. Occasionally cinemas will offer Bring Your Baby sessions outside of these hours so be sure to check the website for new sessions. Also note that Bring Your Baby sessions do not run during school holidays. You can also get more information on the up-coming film line-up to see what’s showing in a cinema near you.
Bookings are highly recommended as they can be quite popular. You can book online at https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/ for a small booking fee of $1.25.
Tips and Things to Remember
When it comes to leaving the house with babies and toddlers, planning ahead can be an essential ingredient.
- Patrons are welcome to take in snacks and drinks for babies and toddlers, so long as they don’t bring hot food or glass into the cinema. Try taking a few snacks or a little picnic to keep your toddler distracted.
- Younger babies will also settle well (maybe even sleep) after a good feed, so bring along anything you need and perhaps try feeding at the beginning of the session.
- Sleeping babies are more likely to remain settled if they are kept comfortable and secure. A small blanket will help keep them warm. You might consider bringing a baby carrier so your hands are free for other things, such as the popcorn or helping your toddler.
- If your toddler will be due for a nap, bring along a little pillow and blanket for them to snuggle up with on the seat next to you
- Taking a few toys is a great way to keep the little ones amused during the movie
- You could consider bringing an iPad or tablet for older toddlers. Be sure to bring headphones and turn down the brightness on your display, so it doesn’t disrupt other movie goers.
- If you are bringing a toddler along with you, you may want to consider the content of the movie you’re watching as it may not be suitable
- Although the audio is quieter than in standard sessions, you may want to consider bringing ear protection for your baby. Check online as there are now many options available for purchase and a wide range of ages catered for. We do recommend speaking to your child’s GP for professional advice on hearing protection.
- If you haven’t already, make sure to sign up with Cine Buzz rewards to get an extra $1 off your tickets and earn reward points. Points can be redeemed for free movie tickets and rewards members also get access to advanced screenings.
- Due to Health and Safety Regulations, prams are not permitted in the isles or walkways. However, most cinemas will allow you to store your pram at the front of the theatre providing all isles and exits are clear.
Locations offering ‘bring your baby’ sessions
As popularity for these movies sessions has grown, so has the number of Cinemas offering the experience. You can currently attend Bring Your Baby sessions at the following Brisbane locations:
- Browns Plains
- Garden City/Mt Gravatt
- North Lakes
Saving Money at the Movies
Heading to the cinema and watching the latest blockbuster on the big screen is a favourite past time for many. While visiting the cinema might be fun, it can also be costly.
The good news is attending a ‘Bring Your Baby’ session will see you scoring cheaper tickets than regular sessions. For further savings, deals and offers and to accumulate points for future discounts, be sure to sign up to Event Cinema’s FREE loyalty program before you book your tickets.
While we know the smell of popcorn, a cold drink and a choc top is tempting when you visit the cinema, to save money, consider filling hungry tummies before you visit.
You might also be interested in learning more about how to save money on movie tickets.