Best places in Brisbane to watch the fireworks
It’s no secret that Brisbane loves fireworks, with the two biggest pyrotechnic displays being the annual Riverfire event (Saturday 2 September 2023 ) and New Year’s Eve celebrations.
Thousands of Brisbane families flock to South Bank Parklands to be part of the excitement, but this venue gets very crowded and can reach total capacity quickly.
Pack a picnic rug, snacks and glow sticks, and try one of these fireworks vantage points in Brisbane to enjoy the fireworks without the stress of the crowds.
Inner Brisbane City fireworks vantage points
These spots are all close to the action, meaning there is still plenty of noise and atmosphere, as well as food and beverages for sale. For those people with limited mobility, access is available at South Bank, Eagle Street Pier, Riverside Centre and Captain Burke Park.
- Kangaroo Point Cliffs
- Captain Burke Park
- Wilson’s Lookout, New Farm
- City Riverwalk (including Riverside Centre and Eagle Street Pier)
- Dock Street, South Brisbane
- Rail Overpass, The Barracks, Petrie Terrace
Fireworks vantage points in Brisbane’s suburbs
No need to dress up – slippers, tracksuits and PJs for the kids are all suitable attire for these family-friendly viewing points in the burbs:
- Collins Rd, Ferny Hills
- Highgate Hill Park, corner of Dornoch Tce and Hampstead Rd
- Stuartholme Rd, Bardon
- Camelia Ave, Everton Hills
- Mount Coot-tha lookout
- Mount Gravatt Outlook Reserve
- Bartleys Lookout, Ascot
- Forbes St, Hawthorne
- Camp Hill Bowls Club, Ferguson Rd
- Trammies Corner, Paddington
- Bilsen Rd, Zeehan Rd, Rode Rd, Wavell Heights
- Plucks Rd, Arana Hills
- Caratel St, Stafford Heights
Brisbane hotels with views of fireworks
For a memorable weekend adventure in the city, several Brisbane hotel rooms offer spectacular views of the fireworks. Remember to specify when booking that you require a room on a higher floor, facing the river, to ensure you can see (and not just hear) the fireworks in all their glittery glory!
- Rydges South Bank Brisbane
- Oaks Aurora
- Oaks Casino Towers
- Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane
- Brisbane Marriott Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Brisbane
- Royal on the Park Hotel
- Mantra on the Quay
- Mercure Brisbane
- Central Dockside Apartments
Do you have a favourite spot to watch the fireworks with your Brisbane Kids? We’d love to hear from you!