Coupled with a wide variety of play equipment, numerous picnic spots and shelters within John Goss Reserve, this makes an ideal location for a whole day out at the park with your Brisbane Kids.
John Goss Reserve Playground
This is a unique reserve which is like a toddler and bigger kids’ playground paradise. Set over a large area, John Goss Reserve has different play equipment suited to Brisbane Kids across a variety of age groups. Equipment suited to preschool and school-aged children includes an obstacle course fort structures with fireman’s poles and slides, climbing walls and a flying fox. A low to the ground play area includes a wobbly bridge, tunnels and a small flying fox which is perfect for toddlers. John Goss Reserve also features lots of space for picnics, with barbeques, shelters and tables in several spots.
The fenced dog off-leash area has a picnic shelter for dog owners to relax while their pooches have fun. This park would be a great park for a child’s birthday party or playgroup excursion during the week or simply for a nice big open (but shady) spot for the kids to let off some steam. The playground spaces at John Goss Reserve are unfenced.
Be sure to take insect repellent, particularly after rain.
Brisbane Kids will love flying through the air like a bird at John Goss Reserve. Abseiling kids can scale the climbing wall while smaller Brisbane tots can avoid crocodiles as they run across the low slung bridges. Games of noughts and crosses are extra fun on the super-sized playing board and the sand digger is an obvious imagination play scaffold.
John Goss Reserve has accessible toilet facilities. Whilst the playgrounds are unfenced, there is a fence at the perimeter of the reserve, separating it from the road. Picnic shelters and barbeques are located throughout the reserve. The play equipment is predominantly sheltered by shade sails and well-established trees.
John Goss Reserve features
- Unfenced playground
- Toddler play structures close to the ground
- Sandpit with digger
- Fort structures
- Flying fox
- Climbing walls
- Nest swing
- Bark and rubber matting base
- Shade sails over most playground equipment, as well as shady trees
- Bike paths (bike racks on-site)
- Dog off-leash area with a picnic shelter
- Wheelchair accessible toilet facilities
- Picnic shelters with tables
- Carpark and street parking
- Bus-stop at the entrance of the park
What parents will love about this park?
- John Goss Reserve is big enough for the kids to enjoy but small enough to keep an eye on them
- It’s not as busy as some of the super parks in the area
- It feels like you are miles away from suburbia with lots of chirping birds
- It’s the perfect place for a midweek picnic
Another great nearby Brisbane Park is Kidspace Playground.
John Goss Reserve is located on Maundrell Terrace in Chermside.