The pristine beaches of Hastings Point in northern New South Wales are undoubtedly one of the best locations for families seeking a quiet seaside holiday, with both open beaches and calm water inlets that are perfect for surfing, swimming, kayaking and fishing.
Hastings Point is also the home of the North Star Holiday Resort, an amazing family holiday location with accommodation options to suit all budgets, awesome facilities including a kids’ club and water park, as well as a day spa and heated lap pool for the adults.
Looking for a great reason to extend your holiday? Book 5 or more nights in any style of cabin accommodation at the award-winning North Star and receive FREE delicious BREAKFAST daily. Relax and take a break with this RED HOT deal.
Check out the deals here.
Kids’ paradise at North Star, Hastings Point
Once you’ve arrived and parked your car, you won’t be needing it again as there is so much to do at North Star Holiday Resort. Kids are invited to bring their bikes or scooters and make their way around the resort. The first stop is the outdoor playground which is suitable for a wide range of ages.
Right next door is Neptune’s Castle – a fully supervised kids’ club that runs on weekends and school holidays. It is like a big indoor play centre, with an exciting program of events and activities, offering everything from craft days and disco evenings.
On the other side of the playground is a games room with arcade games, a pool table, air hockey, pinball machines and a small, gated play area for toddlers.
The icing on the cake is the amazing water park, Sammy’s Adventure Lagoon, which boasts water slides, a tipping bucket and water fountains that provide hours of water play fun. Alongside the waterpark, you will find the most amazing ‘super slides’ – two 8.2m high tubular water slides that add water-fuelled fun at every twist and turn as they spiral their way more than 60m down to poolside landing platforms below! North Star’s pools and our 8.2 metre high Super Slides are heated to a toasty 28 degrees over the Winter months.
Unique to the North Star Holiday Resort is the Marine Discovery Centre, which has recently had a million-dollar makeover and contains a large range of fascinating marine specimens on display. The centre also features a state-of-the-art learning facility that is open to both the public and resort guests on Saturdays and during each school holiday period. Kids will be amazed at the vast shell collection and hands-on exhibits.
And if you stay long enough to exhaust all of these activities, there is also a giant sandpit located just across the road at the beautiful Hasting Point beach, via a short and beautiful bushwalk.
Adults’ heaven at North Star, Hastings Point
Once the kids are happily playing at the kids’ club, it’s time to book yourself in for a massage or beauty treatment at the onsite day spa. There’s also the adults only heated lap pool if you feel like a swim, or you can enjoy a quiet drink and perhaps a good book at your campsite, cabin or villa.
If you feel like a break from cooking, the onsite licensed cafe – Ripples – offers a daily buffet breakfast, all-day coffee and cake, and a la carte lunches and dinners. There is a children’s menu and the food is of high quality.
Poolside dining is also on offer, with six gorgeous poolside cabanas to chill out in. Order yourself a refreshing smoothie or tasty snack, lie back and enjoy the relaxation.
If you do choose to cook, there is a well-appointed camp kitchen as well as kitchen facilities within the cabin and villa accommodations. If you forgot to bring supplies, the onsite convenience store is sure to have what you’re looking for. We weren’t kidding when we said you literally don’t need to leave this amazing spot!
Accommodation options at North Star Holiday Resort
Whether you like to rig the tent or soak in a spa bath, North Star has just the right accommodation option for your family:
- Tuscany Villas – 4.5 star villas offer 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, laundry, indoor and outdoor living areas with BBQ and can sleep up to 10 people
- Grande Villas – 4.5 star villas that can sleep up to 6 people in 2 bedrooms. They also have a bathroom, kitchen, living and outdoor area.
- Luxury Villas – 4 star sleep up to 6 people in 2 bedrooms and also offer a kitchen, laundry, bathroom, indoor and outdoor living areas.
- Apartments – 4 star apartments sleep up to 6 people in 3 bedrooms. There is also a kitchen, bathroom and laundry.
- Classique Villa – 4 star villa sleeps up to 6 people in 2 bedrooms. There is also a bathroom with a spa bath and a kitchen.
- Palm Villas – 4 star villas sleep up to 5 people in 2 bedrooms. There are also 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and a verandah with BBQ.
- Star Villas – 4 star villa sleep up to 5 people in 2 bedrooms. There is also a kitchen and one bathroom.
- Jubilee Lodges – 4 star lodge sleeps up to 6 people in 2 bedrooms. There is also one bathroom and a kitchen.
- Holiday lodges – these 3.5 star lodges sleep up to 5 people in 2 bedrooms and also offer a kitchen, dining and outdoor eating area.
- Coastal Cottages – 4 star, 2-bedroom “Hamptons inspired” cottages sleeping up to 6, each cottage with a patio, laundry facilities, fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, three smart TVs and air-conditioning.
- Ensuite powered campsites – suitable for tents, campers or caravans and have a private bathroom.
- Powered campsites – suitable for tents, campers or caravans.
Looking for a great reason to extend your holiday? Stay for seven nights and pay for only five, including sites and cabins, at the award-winning North Star Holiday Resort. Check out the deals here.
For more information, or to make a booking, visit www.northstar.com.au. North Star Holiday Resort is located at 1 Tweed Coast Road, Hastings Point, New South Wales.