It seems that anything is possible in Dubai. Want to observe the city from a sky scraper that’s almost a kilometre high? Sure! Want to whizz down a waterslide through shark infested waters? Done! Want to build a snowman in the desert? Let’s do it!
Yes, there really is snow in Dubai; 6000 tonnes of it to be exact, at Ski Dubai, the Middle East’s first and largest indoor ski resort.
Located within the Mall of the Emirates, Ski Dubai is the perfect day out for families wanting to escape the heat, get some exercise and have lots and lots of fun.
After paying to enter Ski Dubai, you can hire all your clothes and equipment, including snow boots and skis, and use the lockers in the change rooms to store your belongings. Just remember to keep your Ski Dubai pass in your jacket pocket so you can come and go through the resort as you please.
Inside the 22,500 metres squared resort, there are endless activities that you and the kids can participate in:
- Play in the snow park – there’s a tobogganing hill, bobsled runs, giant balls to roll in, an indoor cave with ice sculptures, plus an area for free play in the snow.
- Take a skiing or snowboarding lesson – lessons are available for all ages and abilities, including children, and there are private and group classes.
- Catch a chair lift up the slopes and ski back down – there are five slopes of varying difficulty, including one black run.
- Warm up over a hot chocolate and a snack at one of the three cafes within Ski Dubai.
- Ride the snow bullet, a 150 metre long zip line that whizzes down the slope, 16 metres above the ground.
- Meet the penguins which call Ski Dubai home – there are both Gentoo and King Penguins onsite, and you can purchase a penguin experience ticket to get up close to them, or watch their daily marches in the penguin enclosure for free.
- Attend a freestyle night – competent skiers and snowboarders can hit the slopes on the monthly freestyle night while listening to the cool tunes of the Ski Dubai resident DJ.
A couple of things to remember:
- If you have never been skiing or snowboarding before, you must have a lesson first to gain the minimum level of skill required. This is to ensure your safety on the slopes.
- Children must be at least two years of age to access Ski Dubai, and must be at least three years of age for the penguin experiences.
- All children must wear helmets within Ski Dubai, and it is advisable for adults to wear them too.
Ski Dubai is located in the Mall of the Emirates, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai. To find out more, or to book your Ski Dubai experience, visit https://www.skidxb.com/en-ae/ski-dubai