The Colmslie Aquatic Centre has a 50 metre outdoor heated pool, an 18.5 metre indoor pool and a great outdoor water play park (with a maximum depth of 0.3 metres) for your Brisbane Kids. The children’s water play area is closed during winter, but during summer this is an aquatic adventure-land. With a convenient shaded area surrounded by trees for mum and dad to watch on, it is a perfect spot to let your Brisbane kids run around and cool off.
There are a couple of covered picnic tables, a block wall and big plastic outdoor chairs scattered around. Colmslie Aquatic Centre can be hired for parties; there are various sites which have different facilities, catering options and access to the pool inflatables, splash park or water park areas.
For more information regarding Colmslie Aquatic Centre, including opening times and admission prices, please visit the Colmslie Aquatic Centre website.
Facilities at Colmslie Aquatic Centre
- 50 metre heated outdoor pool
- 18.5 metre indoor heated programs pool
- Children’s water play area with slides, covered picnic tables, moveable plastic seats
- Life Guards
- Learn to Swim
- Group Fitness
- Disabled access/facilities
- Ramp into indoor pool
- Accessible adult change room facilities
What We Thought of Colmslie Aquatic Centre
We loved splashing around in the kids’ play area for a good couple of hours. The slides are great and unexpectedly fast, which is super fun! There are two big shade sails over the water play area which keeps it quite protected from the sun, but ensure you still follow the usual sun safety guidelines.
Keep Watch Pool Safety program at Brisbane City Council pools
Brisbane City Council public pools are part of the Keep Watch pool safety program established by the Royal Life Saving Society of Australia. This program aims to prevent childhood drownings by setting out these guidelines –
- 0-5 year olds & non-swimmers – Parent or guardian within arms’ reach and present in the water at all times.
- 6-10 year olds – Parent or guardian showing constant active supervision and prepared to get wet and enter the water when necessary.
- 11-14 year olds – Parent or guardian present to regularly and physically check on the child.
By enforcing these guidelines, Brisbane City Council hopes to prevent all drowning incidents at council pools.
Other nearby family-friendly destinations
While you are in the area, you must pay a visit to Colmslie Beach Reserve. Vic Lucas Park in Bulimba is also not too far away and features a great pirate theme. If your Brisbane Kid is looking for more pirate adventures, then take a look at our fun ways to Take Your Little Pirate In Search Of Shipwrecks In Brisbane.
How to get to Colmslie Aquatic Centre
Colmslie Aquatic Centre is located at 400 Lytton Road, Morningside.