Camping in Brunswick Heads
Reflections Holiday park (formally known as Terrace Reserve Holiday Park) is located 1.5 hours south of Brisbane City following the M1, and only a short drive from the highway into town. There are three camping grounds in Brunswick Heads, so be sure to know which one you are heading for!
Our campsite was located at the western end of the camping ground, on the banks of Simpson Creek. There is an access point to this tidal creek within the grounds, so it’s the perfect base for fishing and exploring the mud flats.
The entry point to Reflections Holiday Park is across the road from the main buildings of Brunswick Heads, which means that the car is not required once you are set up! With Miss 3 and Miss 5 camping with us, there was a large amount of scootering and bike riding to be done around the one-way road system. The holiday park is also a short walk to the ice-cream shop and a stroll to the inlet over the bridge from town. The inlet is a protected swimming area that means that the water was safe; however, this area is not patrolled. It is only a short walk over a walkway bridge to the nearby patrolled beach.
As we were camping over the Easter Period, there were lots of holiday activities for the kids that had been arranged by the holiday park, including arts and crafts, Easter baskets and even a visit from the Easter Bunny himself. Additionally, the town of Brunswick Heads worked together to create an Easter egg hunt around the town, where the aim was to search for Easter eggs is stores around the centre of town and report back to the Information Centre for a prize.
As we were unsuccessful in catching any fish on our holiday, a quick trip to the local co-op provided us with an excellent fresh meal of fish and chips!
We spent our week leading up to Easter at Terrace Reserve Holiday Park in Brunswick Heads and had an awesome week! Even with a little rain, all of the family enjoyed the stay and we will definitely be returning to do it all over again soon. The grounds and facilities were clean, tidy, in good repair and safe. Thank you to all who made our time so enjoyable.
Facilities at Reflections Holiday Park
- Accommodation –
- 10 Self Contained Cabins
- 81 Powered Sites
- 42 Camping Sites
- Facilities –
- 3 Amenities blocks
- Camp kitchens
- Picnic tables
- Sullage dump point
- Wireless internet
- TV/Entertainment room
- All of the amenities have keypad locks and you are issued a code on arrival.
- You also require a PIN to enter and leave the camping grounds and each vehicle is issued with an individual PIN.
Activities to enjoy at Reflections Holiday Park
- Walk to the timber bridge that links the riverside to a safe, quiet beach at the mouth of the Brunswick River and to the surf beach that spans the coastline all the way to Byron Bay.
- Brunswick Heads is only a short drive to Byron Bay for a day of exploring.
- The Brunswick Heads Hotel has an excellent huge outdoor sitting area, which is great to sit at with the family for a meal or to listen to the regular live music.
How to make the most of your stay at Reflections Holiday Park
- Reflections Reserve has a no pet policy.
- Make sure that you take a supply of mozzie spray as the riverside location means that midges are often present.
- Take your bikes, scooters, fishing rods, body boards and anything else to make the most of the time that you are there.
- Bring a pack of cards or board games and make this a family weekend getaway—it’s well worth the drive!
Reflections Holiday Park is located on Fingal Street in Brunswick Heads, NSW.
Please visit their website for more information – https://reflectionsholidayparks.com.au
Thanks to Michelle for this camp site review!
Take a look the Brisbane Kids list of Your Favourite Camping Spots for lots more recommended family camp locations to explore, like Broken Head Holiday Park in NSW. We will have many more campsite reviews coming in the very near future.